Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 Emails Between Wilshire Center BID And The City Of LA or Tara Devine"

See other formats

Subject:  Re:  State  of  the  BIDs  Report:  presentation  to  Consortium

From:  Tara  Devine

Date:  04/29/2016  09:59  AM

To:  Andrew  Thomas

CC:  Mike  Russell  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>

I'm  missing  this  one,  unfortunately.  On  top  of  other  projects,  Venice  is  out  to  petition  - can't  afford  the  time  now  ©
I'll  save  the  date  6/9.  Thanks!

On  Apr  29,  201 6 9:56  AM,  "Andrew  Thomas"  <andrew@thewestwoodvillaae.com>  wrote:

Very  strange  that  none  of  us  have  been  invited  to  this  meeting.

I’ll  talk  to  Miranda  and  let  her  know  we  are  on  for  June  9th.  I’ll  check  on  the  host  location.

Thanks!  See  you  both  at  CDA  next  week?

Andrew

On  Apr  28,  2016,  at  1 1 :38  PM,  Tara  Devine  <tara@devine-strateaies.com>  wrote:

For  what  it's  worth,  I wasn't  invited,  either,  Mike  ;)

It  is  a little  sad  to  keep  pushing  the  rollout  back,  lol.  But  I'm  fine  with  waiting  until  June,  although  someone
should  probably  courtesy-discuss  with  Miranda.  Andrew  - 1 can  do  it  unless  you're  already  planning  to  talk  to
her  about  cancelling  the  Consortium  meeting.

I'm  find  with  any  type  of  presentation  you  two  agree  on.  I'm  content  rather  than  layout,  so  I would  defer  to  you
guys  and  whatever  you  think  Consortium  members  would  like.  I run  a nearly  paperless  business  (5+  years,
one  small  file  cabinet!!),  so  I tend  to  lean  in  a certain  direction,  but  also  realize  most  people  don't.

I no  longer  have  the  Consortium  mtgs  on  my  calendar,  so  please  confirm. ..is  next  mtg  June  9th?  If  so,  I’m
currently  clear.  Also,  if  there’s  already  a host/location,  please  let  me  know  that  as  well.

Thanks!

On  Apr  28,  201 6 8:1 0 PM,  "Wilshire  Center"  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>  wrote:

Hi  Andrew  and  Tara,

I think  you're  right  it  might  be  best  to  wait  until  we  have  a full  consortium  crowd  to  present  to.  It  just  sucks  to
push  it  back  more,  so  I'm  good  either  way.

So  the  "Treasurer’s  meeting"  is  for  "key  BID  people".  Well  I guess  I'm  a keyless  BID  person  then.  However,
most  of  the  cool  new  cars  are  keyless  these  days  anyway...  just  saying,  maybe  being  keyless  is  best.

Tara,  I kinda  like  the  idea  of  doing  color  copies  for  the  meeting,  with  all  the  color  in  the  doc  I think  it  won't
present  well  in  BW.  I can  also  bring  my  laptop  and  projector  if  you  want  to  display  it  instead  of  making  bunch
of  color  copies.  I like  the  idea  of  sending  it  out  before  the  meeting,  however  if  there  are  any  edits  or  changes
that  come  out  of  the  meeting  that  would  mean  that  draft  non-updated  digital  versions  will  be  "out  there",  not
sure  if  that  really  matters  much.

Just  me  two  cents.

Thank  you,

Michael  Russell

Wilshires  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)

213.321.6163

Mike@wilshirecenter.com

wilshirecenter.com

On  Apr  28,  201 6,  at  3:23  PM,  Andrew  Thomas  <andrew@thewestwoodvillaae.com>  wrote:

Hey  Tara  and  Mike,

Our  next  consortium  meeting  conflicts  with  the  Treasurer’s  luncheon.  All  of  Fashion  District  is
attending,  and  they’ve  told  me  that  most  other  key  BID  people  are  going  too  (I  never  heard  of  it!).
Anyway,  I don’t  want  to  host  a meeting  where  we’ll  miss  half  of  our  audience  so  I’d  like  to  cancel
the  meeting  and  postpone  this  report  until  June.

I know  this  is  further  out  that  we’d  all  like,  but  I would  like  to  do  it  right.  We  also  might  have  some
LADWP  news  by  this  time  too.

Thoughts?

Andrew

Andrew  Thomas
Executive  Director

Westwood  Village  Improvement  Association

10880  Wilshire,  Suite  117

Los  Angeles,  CA  90024

T:  (310)  470-1812

F:  (3101  474-2414

www.thewestwoodvillaae.com

Connect  with  us!

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Foursquare

Blogger

On  Apr  27,  2016,  at  9:06  PM,  Tara  Devine  <tara@devine-strateaies.com>  wrote:
Andrew/Mike:

We're  still  two  weeks  away,  but  I just  wanted  to  connect  you  and  see  what  you'd  like
to  do  at  the  May  1 2th  meeting.  I've  attached  the  current  draft  for  convenience.

As  previously  mentioned,  I unfortunately  can't  attend.  I have  to  be  in  San  Diego  that
day  by  2 pm,  so  I'll  be  in  the  car.  If  I could  hang  around  for  just  a couple  more  hours,  I
would.  But  I'm  happy  to  be  conferenced  in  to  the  meeting,  if  you  can  pull  that  off
easily.  But  you  can  also  update  me  afterwards  if  you  like.  Whatever  is  easiest.  I will
plan  to  be  on  standby,  and  if  you  call,  great.  If  not,  I'll  figure  the  logistics  were  too
difficult.

Mike  has  graciously  offered  to  attend  and  take  the  lead.

Let's  think  about  the  physical  aspect  of  presenting  it.. .no  rush  (but  easier  decided  now
than  last-minute.)

1 ) should  we  do  copies  for  the  meeting?

2)  If  yes,  B&W  or  color?  And  who  produces?

3)  If  no,  can  we  present  it  on  a laptop  with  a projector?

4)  If  no,  should  we  circulate  it  in  advance  of  the  meeting  and  ask  people  to  review
and/or  print  their  own  to  bring?

And  timing...

5)  How  much  of  the  agenda  do  you  want  to  devote  to  it?  I think  the  Report  mostly
speaks  for  itself  and  most  of  the  time  can  be  used  for  ?s  or  comments,  but  I defer  to

Andrew.

P.S.  Mike  - BTW,  I’m  prepping  your  invoice  now  and  should  get  it  out  by  the  end  of  the
week.  Thanks  for  all  your  hard  work  - you  did  an  amazing  job!

Warmest  regards,

TARA  DEVINE

DEVINE  STRATEGIES

645  West  Ninth  St.,#1 10-293
Los  Angeles,  CA  90015
310.430.5121

tara@devine-strateaies.com

Making  it  easier  for  you  with  STRATEGIC  CONSULTING  SERVICES

Planning  & Entitlements  - Political  & Community  Outreach  - Business  Improvement  Districts

<201 6.04.08  State_of_the_BID_Report  second  draft.pdf>